Tuesday 7 September 2010

Return to Dawn

There was only the vaguest glimpse of dawn in the east when I left the house at 5.30am this morning, to the west the stars were still shining and under the trees of Kingscliff the night still lingered. When I reached the top of the woods and looked up over the hills towards Broomfield and then headed back down west the land was grey. It was only back in the fields of North Petherton that the sun emerged in all of its glory, the start of an amazing day.

It's starting teaching and the need to be in school by 8am that's forcing me to rise at silly o'clock; really crazy - 6am used to me my standard. But although I miss the newly risen sun on the trees and flowers [pictured from June], returning to predawn
dusk has it's own very special atmosphere, almost mystery.


It is a good preparation for a day spent in the classroom. Would that I could get exercise and sleep, but with only one on offer, I'll go for a run any day!

BTW - school is great, amazing teachers, children just as good. It's worth the paperwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment