Monday 31 May 2010

Quantock Beast

I ran the Quantock Beast in 52 minutes this morning, a personal best.
It was the third time I had run the route and the first time that:
  • I didn't get lost
  • my ankle survived [after a good flight and bad landing in the woods three weeks ago]
  • I managed to run up the whole of creul hill [that is how you spell it], despite being jumped on by one young and enthusiastic and one old and tired labradors

All of which perhaps explains why it was a personal best.

It's a fantistic route and if you are interested in doing the real thing go to www.quantockharriers.co.uk/beast.html and join us on 4th July.

Despite this PB I am starting to feel as if I am falling to pieces; ankles, knees, elbows and tonight for the second time my right eye doubled in size with an allergic reaction. Thank God for minor injury units and eye drops, perhaps I should stay inside...

No comments:

Post a Comment